• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help a newbie with new 8rda+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heavy666

ppl I bought my epox 8rda+ rev 1.1 and I wanna know,

1. I have to dl a newbios new drivers new chipset driver or something like that?
2. and one more thing I put my pc at fsb 170 * 13= 2210 mhz is that good? can I push high without mods?
3. where can I find a overclocker for dummys or another newbie guide?

you might wanna download a new bios. the new drivers are at www.nvidia.com. be sure to install sp1 before installing the drivers if you have windows xp. as far as overclocking, you might wanan stick around the forums and learn the basics before you start. they will help you a lot more than a book will. trust me

eh. . . depending on the processor you've got, I'd take it a little slower on your fsb pushing(if you did it in one step up to 2.2GHz). I don't know if you're under a time constraint, but take it easy, the trip is half the fun:)
Totaly hang around the forums and you'll get all you need to know, and a lot more stuff you didn't need, or ever really wanted to know, and now you've got bad dreams because of it, and your therapist said, "you've got an obsession here, I suggest. . ." Wait, that's me. . .

welcome

Molybdym said:
eh. . . depending on the processor you've got, I'd take it a little slower on your fsb pushing(if you did it in one step up to 2.2GHz). I don't know if you're under a time constraint, but take it easy, the trip is half the fun:)
Totaly hang around the forums and you'll get all you need to know, and a lot more stuff you didn't need, or ever really wanted to know, and now you've got bad dreams because of it, and your therapist said, "you've got an obsession here, I suggest. . ." Wait, that's me. . .

welcome
my processor is the same of yours, AIUHB 306. my mobo is 8rda+ my cooler is a volcano 8 and the mem is a ddr400 samsung how far can I go?
now I have fsb 170 * 13 and 42ºc do you think I can go higher?

Back