• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP Home and NetWare

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

White Star

Okay. So am I the only one who remembers the NetWare clients that used to come with Windows OSs? That would allow one to connect to a Netware network? Yeah, for some reason my particular copy of XP Home doesn't have NetWare client. As a matter of fact, it doesn't have ANY clients other than the Client for Microsoft Networks client. Did they remove Netware support? If so, is there any way I can con the OS into using the Netware network?

it is probably not a part of the home package. i have xp pro and it has this:
netware.png

i am assuming that is what you are looking for... i am not sure if there is a way to set it up in home or not... maybe try a google search?

You can download the client from here Direct from Novell.

You may need to speak to your administrator (talk to yourself if that's you :) ) about what setting to apply to it.

Hope that helps a little

It's been a while since I supported Windows on a NetWare network but I remember that the NetWare client software (client32 at the time) was mainly used on Windows desktops that were authenticated by NetWare servers. Microsofts CSNW provided support for Windows desktops to access NetWare file and print servers but didn't always work well as far as authenticating to a Netware server. So if you log in to a NetWare network you should probably use the Novell provided client software, but if you only need to access a NetWare file or print server than CSNW will probably be enough.

Back