• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

80mm x 50mm fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaximumOC

Registered
Please move this if its not in the right place.. Does anyone know where I can get one of them? or where I can find who makes them even?

general cooling, I believe

and if no one's welcomed you yet (yeah, right)--Welcome to the forums!

Just out of curiosity, why are you looking for an 80x50? Apart from what size hole (80mm) the fan needs to fit, the thickness of a fan really does not tell you much (although most fans of that size do move quite a bit of air). There are two numbers that most of us pay attention to.

CFM stands for cubic feet per minute and tells you how much air the fan moves when not loaded. Given two identical fans, one used for case cooling will move more air than one trying to push air through a densly pinned (or finned) heatsink.

dBa is a measure of how loud the fan is. Some peolpe cannot stand a fan that is rated over about 30 dBa and some people just take the loudest fan they can get because they push lots of air. What fan you can live with is entirely subjective.

To compare a bunch of fans by sound you can Go to this link. If you already have a fan that you have dBa info on, you can adjust your speaker volume so that a similar fan closely matches your existing equiptment. If not, you can at least get an idea of the relative differences.

Personally, I use the Sanyo Denki 80x32 fans and I find that my computer is quiter than the desk fan that I in the corner.

man i just want the sheer size on there.. i love noise and its just one of those.. my fan is bigger than yours type of deals

MaximumOC said:
man i just want the sheer size on there.. i love noise and its just one of those.. my fan is bigger than yours type of deals
you should go for a 172mm fan then ;)

Back