• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New User with XP2400+ & A7N8X Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

map747

I just bought this combo with 2 512 sticks of 3200 memory. What initial settings FSB and Clock speed should I use to just get the stock performance? Thanks,

Well, for stock speeds, look at your CPU.

XP2400 = 2Ghz, 266 FSB.

Since we're using DDR RAM, your FSB setting on your motherboard will be 133 FSB and your multiplier should be 15.

as far as "stock" settings for the board and ram, id start at 200mhz fsb. ram timings at 2.5-3-3-7. if all is good, continues to go up in the fsb, and down in the ram timings. increase voltage .25volts at a time as needed.

lower your multiplier to like 9 jack up your FSB as much as you can, then start slowly bumping up your multiplier

Now the CPU fan won't run

The fan, an Aeroflow TMD, doesn't run. It was sporatic at first, I would spin it and maybe it would go, sometimes not. I have the MB set at full speed in the settings.

Also, do I have to unlock the xp2400+?

Do I have to unlock or will the MB do it? How can I tell what Bios version I have?
thanks for the help..

To run stock on that board you should just put the chip in and boot up. It will automatically detect FSB and voltage as well as the multiplier set by the factory. If it boots up to a low speed like 1500 the you must set the FSB manually in the bios to 133 to run stock. After everything is running go back into the bios and set your voltage as high as you can (1.850) and run like that a while to burn the chip in. Then bring the voltage down to stock and start overclocking. A burnin of 1 week should cook it just right. Doing it this way will remove the question of "Will burnin help me get higher?".

The bios version will be displayed at the bottom of the initial POST page. Also get a program like SiSoft Sandra to help you get this information within Windows. It has a lot of different modules that give info for various areas with you setup.

Back