• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will it fit? abit nf7-s with slk900 in antec slk3700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grifff

Registered
I saw at some pictures that the abit board has its socket at the top of the motherboard. The slk900 is a big heatsink and i wondered if it would fit in my antec slk3700 miditower. Does anybody has any experience with this heatsink and the abit board? Would be nice to know if it fits before i go out and buy it ;)

My main worry is that the slk900 would touch the psu :(

yes i have the same board and same HS and it fits without a problem. well acutally the mount screws are close to the cpu lever but no biggy. I dont know how you case looks like but if you have atleast a few inches over the cpu for clearence then you will be fine. I know micro atx has the psu directly on top of the cpu area so that might cause a problem and put alot of heat on the cpu as well.

K, thanks for the info. It's a midi-tower with .... awh well a picture says more than thousand words ;)
SLK3700AMB_inside.jpg

There is some space between the mobo and the psu with my k7s5a so i guess it should fit fine. I just wanted to make sure... :)
The heat wouldn't matter by the way, cause i have an enermax 431 watt psu with two fans a 92mm on the bottom and 80mm on the back.

Last edited:
Back