• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't install my games on XP. Help please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC'ed in .ca

This is starting to get annoying. For some odd reason I cannot install any games on my rig. You'd think the CD's are bad but they work fine in other peoples systems.

- I have tried changing the CDROM to a DVD-ROM to a CD-R to a CDRW and nothing. I can't install anything on my system.

Examples:

Trying to install Medal of Honor. I pop the second CD and it craps out at 86%.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? Is this an XP issue? Is there a fix?

Desperate to play games. Any replies would be appreciated.

Thanks

I am doing that now. It shouldn't matter however if I can install the game on other computers should it?

Try to copy the entire thing to the hard drive, incase of bad sectors you may have to move individual folders by hand, then try installing it from there.
Also if successful copy to HD make an ISO out of it and burn that thing again.
Also for bad sectors, wipe the grease from your forehead *also works with small quantities of beeswax and other greasy clear liquids* onto the disc to make it skip over errors, *temporary fix* or find a video place that will clean it for you. I have on in my town that does it for 3$ a disk and it comes out looking brand new.

After playing with my system some more, I noticed my SM Bus Controller drivers were not installed properly on XP. I have to find a fix for my Albatron PX845PEV Pro motherboard, however the Albatron site doesn't seem to have any good drivers for this issue other then the chipset drivers. Going to go try those now.

This is what I get for losing my driver CD.

BBIAB.

Back