• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking XP2600+ Barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CMCHomer

Guys i currently have an Tbred B xp2100 oced very easy to 2.4 gig but i am thinking of going over to the Barton now. Does anyone know how well they overclock ? what speeds can i expect ?

I am water cooled so heat is not an issue :)

Cheers

grab a good barton 2500+ and you'll be able to get to 2.2ghz at stock vcore, 2.3-2.5 is what i would expect a barton i plan to buy to do at less than 1.8V

1 person i know got his to 2.5ghz at default voltage, this is his stepping AXDA2500DKV4D AQXDA0315TPAW. He was using an a7n8x(rev 2.0 i think but not sure)

AQXCA is the stepping for 3200+ but barton 2500+ have it now aswell, that's the one to look for i'd say

Unless you plan on dishing out some serious cash, the lower rated Bartons generally don't overclock as well as your current 2100+ seems to.

Most 2500+'s are hitting 2.2 - 2.3ghz on average. Very few are going below or above. There is also no magic stepping out right now that promises increased overclocking potential.

The 3000+'s and higher will obviously overclock to a higher speed than the 2500+ and 2800+, but IMO the price doesn't justify the performance.

If you are hitting 2.4ghz on air with your current chip, you'd have to look long and hard for an AMD chip that will overclock much further.

Good luck!

Back