• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire vs ATI manufac. 9700 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost_shell

Registered
I am getting ready to buy a 9700 Pro and have been looking at 2 different manufactures. Basically I am trying to decide between the Sapphire 9700 pro and ATI's version.

Has any1 had any problems with the Sapphire brand? The reason I am leary to buy a ATI board is b/c the company I am putting my order through will not refund the ATI board but will the Sapphire.

I wanted to give my self some extra insurance justr in case the board dosn,t work for me.

The sapphire board is also a bulk item so it is a little cheaper.

Any help is appreciated will be running an 2.4C on an ABIT IC7-G mobo with a 480 w Antec True Blue PSU.

My sapphire rocks... oh and you cant tell a difference between a sapphire and a BBA.. because there is no difference except the name on the box. Sapphire makes a lot of the OEM's and BBA. So the price difference is the comfort in thinking BBA is better.

lol

The only Sapphire I have had any experience with is my PBA Sapphire 7500. However, the cards runs nicely. I have never had any issues with it and I scored higher on 3DMark01 than all the comparable computers with a 7500.

I've got the Sapphire card and it's a fantastically little piece of PCB. I wish the memory would clock higher (tops out at 340) but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

~THT

Ya, i would pic a BBA or Sapphire as first choice... i'd get the cheaper one.... or you could get a PoworColor like me:D

Back