• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please critique my future water setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

irish80122

I am new to the water game, but due to my soon move to college where I know the dorm will be warmer than I would like and also sound will be an issue, I have decided it is time to make the jump. I have researched all of the parts and feel pretty good about them, but I want your opinion, especially on the pump! Also, what additive would you recommend using? This is an AMD 2500+ system

Danger Den Maze4 Waterblock
Dtek Pro Radiator with shroud
1 120mm fan (would having 1 on either side help?)
Dtek Bay-Rez (don't want to deal with bleeding)
Danger Den Z-Chip Waterblock
Regular clear tubing
VIA 1300 Pump (cheap but has good stats)
Dtek Supercool additive (may change)
Blue Dye

So, what do you think? Also, would it be helpful for me to water cool my video card? It runs at 45 usually but I haven't done any OCing or anything, I don't know if I will or not, doubt it. It is a G4 Ti4200. Thanks for your help!

That is actually the tubing I am using, I should have just typed that all out. I will definately check out the pumps you mentioned as well. So why are you going to Northwestern, and what will you study? I have a good friend who is there who is a journalism major and also one who is going out there, I don't know what he is studying though! Great school!

Back