• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

high case temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

modenaf1

my case temp according to the mobo is usually always a few degrees cooler than my cpu temp. and as soon as i start running prime 95 or something it starts going up just a little bit after the cpu. I have both sides of my case off and a box fan on high.

my mobo is an ABIT KD7 and the case temp thermal diode is just to the left of the north bridge.

my guess is that the mobo is reading it wrong becouse my old one read temps close to room temp.

any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA!!!!

How high does the case temp go? Does it get close to your cpu temp on load? Your probably just getting a little heat off your cpu heatsink. If your room temp is correct without full load then I would think it is fairly accurate. Nothing to worry about.

yes, it is usually close to my cpu temp. cooler by a couple degrees. but my case is pretty cool because a box fan on high moves ALOT of air. so you are right it is most likely the hot heatsink air. could it also be hot air coming off of the northbridge?

Back