• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2700 Fsb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stryder2720

Ok I have 256 PC 2700 running @ 133 FSB. And I know its capable of running 333 FSB but whenever I go over 145 FSB I have to reset the BIOS cause my PC wont even turn on. yea Im a total n00b to Memory. Oh Im running a 2000+ and it says 266 system bus speed it that the same as FSB? Im soooo confused. Ive lookes at guides and what not but Im still lost. I even did Corsair's little memory presentation.
~peace

At 133 FSB, the memory (or system bus) is running at 266 MHz (DDR is dual data rate) assuming you're using the 1:1 ratio. That PC2700 memory should easily handle at least 150 FSB and probably 166 FSB, so I'm guessing you're being held back somewhere else, like the CPU is maxed out or you need better cooling or you need more voltage or even a combination of excessive heat and lack of voltage.

stryder2720 said:
Ok I have 256 PC 2700 running @ 133 FSB. And I know its capable of running 333 FSB but whenever I go over 145 FSB I have to reset the BIOS cause my PC wont even turn on. yea Im a total n00b to Memory. Oh Im running a 2000+ and it says 266 system bus speed it that the same as FSB? Im soooo confused. Ive lookes at guides and what not but Im still lost. I even did Corsair's little memory presentation.
~peace

Even if the RAM can take the increase in FSB, which does increase the speed the memory runs at, the PCI buses and AGP buses are also overclocked. It may be that one of your AGP/PCI cards cannot handle the increased bus speed.

Im sure this explains its a MSI KT4VL, and Im goin water cooling soon like next week.
Oh and I have nothing in my PCI slots and Im running a 440MX at 351/551

look for a setting like cpu fast command decode or something like that in the bios, and set it to normal, i had to do that to hit over 145 and change multis.

If you cant find that, you could list whats in the bios under cpu freq control.

First off, if your CPU a Palomino or Tbred (a or b). If you have a Pally or tbred a you might also be reaching the cpu's limit. If your cpu is unlocked or a tbred you might be able to lower you multi and try for 166FSB.

OK Ive got this under the CPU frequence control.
Spread Spectrum-Disabled
CPU FSB Clock-133mhz
CPU Ratio-Auto
CPU Vcore-Auto
Terminiation voltage-Auto
AGP Voltage-Auto

if its locked then its a pally no question.
you may need to up the cpu vcore on that cpu to achieve the higher overclock.
Try changing the speed spectrum option and see if that helps you out at all. then try upping the vcore as little as poss and try again, and again, but only if your cooling is up to it.

OK thanks for the help, mabey Ill just leave it for now cause I dont feel like clearing the CMOS everytime it dosent work. But next week when the water cooling is in Ill give it a try.
~Thanks Again:)

Im sure this explains its a MSI KT4VL, and Im goin water cooling soon like next week.
Oh and I have nothing in my PCI slots and Im running a 440MX at 351/551

it isnt just things within your pci slots, if you look at the hierarchy you will see everything below the northbridge works from the pci bus speed.

Back