• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoJoMoJo

Maybe someone can solve an overclocking problem I have. I am running a P42.8c on an Asus P4C800 board. OCZ dual channel Gold memory. My current clock is 248fsb.........here is where my problems start. I cannot get 1 fsb over 248 fsb which currently is at 1:1 ratio. Relaxing memory timings chooseing 3/2 or 5/4 will not get me to 249 or above. Everytime it locks up going into windows. I am currently running water cooling and cpu temps never reach above 37c @ full load on a hot day. I am running the stock north bridge cooling and no cooling on the southbridge. I havent seen any postive posts thus far on cooling the chipsets. Correct me if I am wrong but chooseing the lower divisors effectively isolates the memory out of the equation by running it a lower speed.....which I still can not achieve above 248fsb. So if I am correct I have two factors that are possible here: my cpu wont go past 3.47 or my motherboard wont allow it. Also increaseing the vcore does not help. Really stumped on the what is the wall here. Any assitance would be appreciated.

By the way if your sig is current Congrads on your marriage.
memory.JPG

Last edited:
Yup, the sig is current..

We're flying back to the midwest on Wednesday, and our wedding is Saturday.. Then we fly back here on Monday, and leave for Carribbean on Thursday for a week..

Whatever will I do without my puter!!!! AHHH!! :D

...guess I'll have to find something else to do. ;)

I wish my memory score looked that good..

Back