• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange Win2000/BF1942 disintergration

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TonyMc

Strange Win2k/BF1942 disintergration

Has anyone else had this problem?:
The game runs great for about a week after install then somehow gets corrupted.
Whats happening is I get a reboot, or kicked to the desktop, or a severe drop in framerate.
I'm running Win2k with the NTFS. I don't know if the NTFS has anything to do with it, but I've tried everything else I could think of to solve the problem. I've tried drivers, patches... you name it.
If I uninstall the game then reinstall it it works great for another week then it goes to crap.
My only other option is to return to FAT32. Like I said I don't if the fomat has anything to do with it.

Are you overclocked? If so, drop to stock for a week and see if the problem goes away.

I can also assure you it's NOT your NTFS filesystem doing it. I've been running BF1942 for a long time w/ no problems :)

No it's not O/Ced.
The funny thing is my brother-in-law is running Win2k and NTFS also and had a problem with getting kicked backed to the desktop with AVP2. He switched back to Fat32 and the problem went away, coincidental?

Yes, it is. The file system has nothing to do with a programs stability. If it were the File system, it wouldn't run at all.

Back