• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Starfield They had me at Bethesda...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
I didn't see this posted...Really looking forward to it. (Sorry if someone already posted as I am rarely timely with anything)...I noticed the game last week.

Looks interesting. I generally get bored a dozen hours in on most/all of their games. But I'll get it as part of PC gamepass, and won't waste $60/70 on it

I was looking at videos of it a couple days ago, looks interesting enough to dethrone Mass Effect, but it's made by Bethesda........... It's going to be a s***s*** at launch (and months after, if they ever fix it at all) like any other Bethesda game, and I'm honestly not sure I wanna go through that again, they broke my heart too many times already 😭

I loved Fallout 1/2, but when they took over and released F3 then, I somehow had mixed feelings. It was still good with all the parts on the way (even though it required some fixes/updates), but what they did with F'76 was just pathetic. I don't get how someone could fail so much and still push it for a couple of years, even though the game was literally dead since its release.
I dislike how Blizzard designed Diablo 4 with its old-looking engine (even though it's still fun and much better than D3), but if someone made a new Fallout in a similar way, with a large world and in the style of 1/2, then I would probably play it for long hours. I mean more story, multiple-choice dialogues, interaction with everything around, 18+ world in general, not PG13 with censored pretty much everything. It could base on open world mmorpg and I bet people would love it.

Later this year will be released Baldur's Gate 3. I was playing beta over a year ago, and I didn't like it much, but I saw they made a lot of changes since then and improved graphics. I don't have big hopes, but we will see.

Right now, I still have a lot to do in Diablo 4, and I barely touched the latest Zelda, so I'm fine with games for some longer.

Lots of reports that Starfield will be supporting AMD card technology. I didn't dig deeply.

Google search results

I wish there would be a demo version of this game. I wonder how my love for Fallout will translate to a space game with similar DNA.

Lots of reports that Starfield will be supporting AMD card technology. I didn't dig deeply.

Google search results

I wish there would be a demo version of this game. I wonder how my love for Fallout will translate to a space game with similar DNA.
PC gamepass is how I will play it, based on reviews/performance/mods. I do the Microsoft rewards everyday so it is 'free' for me

I guess that's as close as possible to get a demo. I don't pay for game pass anymore.

I'll see how it pans out I suppose.

I really like this game :beer: :cool:...Like most (every) SP game I take care of money at the beginning and never worry about it again...I do not enjoy grinding just to make enough money to play the game...Ammo alone in this game takes all the money you have.

Level 20 now and my points went into persuade and tech so I can pilot the class C ships. I just bought the Narwal and should be good for the rest of the game...

The game run good at 1440 without any mods so far...I did change ini settings for FOV on my ultrawide but didn't use a mod.

It has crashed twice...both times in the MAST Pilot simulator and it happened after installing the newest nvidia driver....I would say they did a very good job on this game. (50+ hours)

I love the ship to ship battles. It takes me back to ME2 my favorite game. With a lot more ambition but less dialogue trees. Also not as much humor.

I got started with it a few days ago on Gamepass. Seems decent, I added a fair number of mods:

FOV
StarUI (better interface)
DLSS [to replace FSR]
120FPS menus/reticle
Lighting/Filter to neutral (looks way better)
Removed encumbrance - I HATE needing to deal with weight limits carrying items and needing to drop things otherwise you can't move.

There's probably a couple more, but those check some of the more noticeable boxes, in my opinion.

Back