• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enermax or Thermaltake PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD_Me

These are the two PSUs in my price range that meet my requirements. I have only baught one PSU before. Which one should I Get? Thermaltake Silent Purepower 480w or the 460w Enermax Whisper Series ?

My system is-

P4 2.4C @3.42 1.55v
Abit IC7 Mobo
WD 1200JB HDD (Maybe will get another one and RAID them)
7 Case fans (Some w/ 7 volt mod)
92mm Tornado on PSU (I use a 55CFM fan and 4 case fans normally, this is the extreme that I ever use at a LAN party)
Audigy Gamer
Radeon 9700 pro w/ retail intel stock HSF

Case temp 27c
room temp 25c

Thanks
Chris

I need to buy it at frozencpu because I am getting free shipping on them and having my wires sleeved. I botched my current wire sleeving job so dont suggest that. If you know where I could get a Fortron Source (which is by the way my favorite brand) pre-sleeved I would be happy to buy one.

AMD_Me said:
I need to buy it at frozencpu because I am getting free shipping on them and having my wires sleeved. I botched my current wire sleeving job so dont suggest that. If you know where I could get a Fortron Source (which is by the way my favorite brand) pre-sleeved I would be happy to buy one.

I know some forum members *hint* *hint* who could sleeve it for you. Or you could just do it yourself. The sleeving and shrink wrap is cheap, and can be had at places like www.mcmaster.com :)

Back