• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new system crash/hangs please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shook

I recently bought a new CPU / MB / Memory. Installed it and it works fine. But ocasionally, my whole computer would "hang" .

1.) It happens when I'm playing a game randomly.

2.) It happened once when I was in the process of instaling Windows XP when it was formating my HD.

3.) It could even happen when I'm in windows & when im opening a program such as ICQ.

This is what happens, it doesnt give me blue screen or anything, it just HANGS and when I try to push the reset button to reboot. it would POST then FREEZES RIGHT BEFORE it shows the windows logo. I have to turn it off for about 1 min and then turn it back on and then it boots up again.

I don't think it is my PSU because the only thing i replaced is my CPU / motherboard / Memory.

Please, anyone have any suggestions what could be wrong? Is Enermax 350watt PSU enough for my system? I only have 1 Hard drive, 1 CD-ROM - 3x 80mm case fans

Here are my specs:
P4P800 motherboard
intel 2.4c
enermax 350watt psu
geforce4 ti4200
2x256mb OCZ pc3700 gold edition
WD 80gig 8mb cache
All running at default settings.

Last edited:
for starters i think you have installation problem, try removing one stick of ram and see if problem is there, try swapping places of ram and see if problem persists.. if all fails reformat and do a new installation

Back