• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

twin oem newegg corsiar?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

I want to get some corsair ram off of newegg but I am un sure which one to grab. 256 of pc3500 is 62 smacks (I want 2x256) but the twin pack is about 30 dollors more. Is the twin pack tested and more stable or somthing?

Because I have the abit mobo and I figured you guys would have the best response because you all proly have the nf7. Perhaps one is best with this mobo and not with others.

fab.jpg
:D ok I think i got this figured out. Thx guys.

The twin packs have been tested to work together in Dual Channel. I wouldn't bother with dual channel in an AMD mobo because the memory controller is only single channel.

Randalthas said:
The twin packs have been tested to work together in Dual Channel. I wouldn't bother with dual channel in an AMD mobo because the memory controller is only single channel.

Umm... nForce boards ARE dual channel. It sucks compared to Intel because the processor buss can't handle the bandwidth created by dual channel (like Intel), but it IS there. (No offense.)

P4 don't either, it's the chipset that does...

The new P4s have QDR800 MHz FSB so they can use the two DDR400 MHz channel...

I wonder how my computer would score if I underclock my RAM to DDR200 MHz (2XDDR200 = my FSB)...

Back