• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR5-7000 CL34 Memory Kit Review (Intel XMP)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

CorsairVen7k_pht1fp.jpg
After reviewing memory kits for the latest AMD chipsets, we are back with a very interesting option for Intel users. The tested memory kit is from the Corsair Vengeance series, has a 32GB capacity, and is rated at 7000MT/s. The kit is designed for demanding gamers and computer enthusiasts who always want more than the standard. The presented version of Corsair Vengeance doesn't have RGB illumination but compensates for it with a low-profile heatsink and high frequency. I won't tell you much more in the introduction, so you have to read our review to find out how Corsair Vengeance 7000MT/s memory kit performs and overclocks.
Click here to read more!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad it helped, and I hope you will like your new RAM :)
I'm much more satisfied with Corsair RAM nowadays than some years ago. All Corsair DDR5 kits that I reviewed were working great on ASRock, ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI motherboards that I was using.

It's a difference, for sure, but not a huge one; and I question how long it'll be stable at with that voltage and the resulting temperatures.

I got 5600 2x32GB for the same in the UK and clocked it to 5800 40-34-34-74 instead - but I had to downvolt from 1.25V to 1.15V to keep it stable under OCCT CPU and memory tests, cutting it from ~5W to ~4.3W.

As power scales with voltage squared, these sticks are likely dissipating over 7W. Plan on very good ventilation to cool them.

The reviewed memory kit could run at 7000 CL32 and CL34 (I mentioned in the review why I tested it twice) for multiple hours at ~95% load and was stable without issues at 1.45V. The test rig was a standard gaming PC and the only airflow was from fans on the radiator (no direct fan cooling or anything like that). The memory kit also passed multiple hours of various tests like rendering or 3D games.

All reviewed by me memory kits (so far) could keep stability at least up to 1.40V during long stability tests. Not all brands use proper thermal pads and then temps are higher. Corsair Vengeance has thermal pads also on PMIC and it helps to keep stability at higher voltages. Typically, 1.40-1.45V gives 60-70°C. Stability problems are usually starting above 70°C, but it also depends on RAM frequency. In theory, DDR5 should keep stability up to even 100°C, but at default JEDEC specs, so between 4000-5600.

Back