• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgraded to a C1 from an A3....BIG MISTAKE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Octavian

Registered
Everything in my sig is the same except I changed to a C1 8RDA+ from my old A3 and I cant even hit 185 fsb, let alone 200.

My A3 had NO problems with up to 210 with both my 1700 and my 2100, now with this MoBo I get errors, blue screens, etc BEFORE I can even get into windows.

11 x180 is ok, 11.5 x 180 is ok, 12 x 180 is ok, try going to 185 and no deal.

Anyone have any ideas? I thought I was getting a better motherboard!

The C1 stepping boards are guaranteed to hit 200MHz therefore it sounds like you've got a bad board. If that's the case, RMA it. However, before you do so, did you lock your AGP bus? (silly question, I know, but I felt I should ask anyway)

~THT

Yes, I locked the AGP bus, but I Vmodded the damn thing...

Cant RMA it now.

XJ said:
didnt you test it before you vmodded it?

Yes I did. But didn't try OCing that high. Guess I should have. It appears that it could be the C1 and the HyperX not playing well together. I posted on AOA Forums and alot of people there said that they hit a wall at 180 fsb with HyperX and a C1. That could very well be the problem

I dont know if I could RMA it purelay on the grounds that I cant hit 200 fsb overclocking, they arent going to garuntee that anyone can overclock a cpu, since many cpu's themselves can be the problem, or even the ram. I can OC to about 2200 mhz, just cant get near 200 fsb, and that doesnt necessarily make a defective board.

Looks like its a HyperX incompatibility.

Went back to my A3, and back to 210 x 12 (2505mhz)...happy again.

Hedgehogforprez said:
It would make it a defective board if you have a 400mhz fsb barton now wouldn't it ;)

Yeah, and if my grandmother had wheels she could be a ford.

Back