• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox 8kha system crashed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LiveWireBob

Hi all I am trying to get this computer working again i built it for this lady about a year ago and she started having problems. The computer wouldnt load windows so I tried to format it and it started formating but took hours. I left it on overnight and the next moarning it had stoped at 90%. I thought maybe the harddrive was bad swaped it with a working one still no go Im going to swap the procesor next im hoping its not the mobo its an epox 8kha with a amd 1.4ghz. I already swapped the ram to so i dont think theres a problem there. I cant get it to load windows it was running fine for a year i would greatly appreciate some help in finding what needs to be replaced. Thanks for any advice,

Bobby.

I've had problems like this that were "fixed" by reflashing the bios, loading default settings, and then changing any that need changing. That's may not be the problem, but it's easy to do and is free, so maybe it's worthwhile to try before going on to other things.

Thanks i got the latest bios off the site ill try flashing them in the moarning,

Bobby.

Back