• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need a good pair of headphones

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fiji

ok im looking for a good pair of headphones $60-70 max

also

are there digital headphones? if so that would be a plus too

if you knwo of any id greatly appreciate it

I'm wearing a pair of Sony MDR-V6's right now. They were about $70 at Fry's and they produce a very clean, rich sound. Supposedly they're "for digital," but I don't think that really means much. They're still analog headphones.

Koss' KC50 or KC35 is supposingly supposed to be realy good for its price. I'm wearing the kc50's right now and they're great. They were only $10 at amazon the time i bought it. Great sound quality, great bulid quality, lifetime warranty, and 10 bucks!

are those kinyo's digital?

also are the senheisers digital also?

no headphones are digital you can solve that one very easily ;)

for the money its either the 497's the v6's or the grado sr60's take your pick. they are completely different from one another.

for that matter sound itself is not digital.

sound is a vibration of particles of matter.

that certainly is not digital as in 1's and 0's. ;)

Maxvla said:
no headphones are digital you can solve that one very easily ;)

for the money its either the 497's the v6's or the grado sr60's take your pick. they are completely different from one another.

so how do i solve that one very easlily?

fiji said:

so how do i solve that one very easlily?
that means you can stop looking for digital headphones :)

one less thing for you to look for.

Re: Re: need a good pair of headphones

Namagomi said:
Grado SR60's. End of thread.
my HD497's sound just as good (If not better at some things) and are far more comfortable for wearing for days at land parties ;)

Here's a bunch of headphone reviews.

The link may take a few seconds to load, but the link does work.

The HD497's rank very highly there, as do the Grado SR-60's.

People love the sound quality of the SR-60's, but they think that they are ugly and uncomfortable, and everyone around you can hear what the headphones are playing.

People also like the sound quality of the HD497's, though not quite as much as the SR-60's. The HD497's aren't as uncomfortable as the SR-60's, but they are more bulky. The HD497's are also about $20 cheaper than the SR-60's.

Last edited:
the sennheisers are the most neutral of the group. both the sony's and grado's are geared a little more for popular music and don't perform quite as well on other formats (jazz, classical, etc) as the senns.

my opinion. do with it what you please.

the reason im saying i want digital headphones, is because

i have an abit nf7-s and i want to game with the digital, and not the crappy analog apu

if theres no digital headphones, are there ones that can runn off the digital signal, sorry if my questions are confusing, or if im getting confused

if not i might just get some 5.1 speakrers

fiji said:
the reason im saying i want digital headphones, is because

i have an abit nf7-s and i want to game with the digital, and not the crappy analog apu

if theres no digital headphones, are there ones that can runn off the digital signal, sorry if my questions are confusing, or if im getting confused

if not i might just get some 5.1 speakrers
game sounds are digital because they are produced by the computer. otherwise playing a tape or record is analog because the medium is not digital.. its magnetic or mechanical.

the digital thing is just to confuse people into thinking its better. what the digital on your card is referring to is when you have a 5.1 system capable of processing the dolby digital signal the card sends the un decoded signal to the sub which has a 5.1 decoder which divies up the sounds to the correct speakers. usually this results in cleaner sound than if you were to use the same speakers with the analog outputs.

(most 5.1 speakers do NOT have an onboard 5.1 decoder, you would need a set of logitech Z680s or the upper line of Klipsch for example)

Back