• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pump leakage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fuzzy

being my first water cooling put it together yourself kit, I really didnt know the via aqua 1300 should have been used submersed, i like to have the pump in my case since its spacious ;) Anyway, just the other day it started to leak and I found a nice little puddle forming under so I found one crack that was the culprit, and patched it up with some plumbers goop, then another crack formed so I figured it was dying.

Question is now, should I get another via aqua, or an eheim(if this, which one?) or a hydor?(if so which one?) cuz xoxide claims they're just as good as the eheim but half the price but i know nothing about pumps.

With the via aqua i can buy the little nipple for the 3/8 tube fitting, but with the eheim and hydor, it says they are only 1/2 fitting and I have only 3/8 tubing. So if I was to get an eheim or a hydor should I just stretch the tubing over the eheim/hydor fitting or should I buy this http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=120199&Product_Code=9343

or this http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=120199&Product_Code=93431

Im sorta confused but can only learn more since i have been water cooling for a while and only knew the basics ;)

I run an Eheim and it's worked perfectly for nearly two years.

On Eheims, you can go to your local hardware store and get NPT brass fittings that you can use for adapters. They'd be barbs also.

If you can't return the Via for a new one (sounds like it's defective), get a new pump that fits your budget. I hear the Hydors aren't bad, but a little noisier than the Eheims. Both have replacable parts I believe.

so these pumps would also come with 3/8th barbs and not just the 1/2? :eek: If so I probably will be going with the hydor since I read up and it looks like they are getting some pretty good reviews and are in my budget and better than via :D

I just had the same thing happen with my via aqua it left a huge puddle on my desk. They are good for the money .. but that's just it, you get what you pay for with them..as far as the hydor, I don't know ..But I do know you can't go wrong with a ehiem.

well if you have like 45$ head up to petsmart mag 2's, 3's and 5's anr great pumps. My mag 5 was only 43.95 at petsmart. the mag 2 was like 38$.

Mine ran like 8 months straight no problems....now im using it again after i tried using dual pumps and made a big mess.

in total about 1 year of straight running never a problem...and i cant even hear it

hm i read joe's review on the hydor l30 and im convinced :) Im just hoping someone can link me to the pieces for the pump so I can fit it to my tubing cuz im A)Lazy and B)Really don't know what I should be looking for :p

Back