• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rebadged Antec 420w power supply - 20 bucks!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Im betting you can look up that channel well model number and find some for around that price also from a more reliable vendor, instead of people buying the 420w antec for $50-$60, or whatever its actual price is. If that PSU comes dead, good luck on getting it rma'd, they may have an 8.0 rating but there technical service sucks.

how do we know these are rebadged? i've never seen a 420w antec psu...

Yeah, the good ones are the truepower line and those are 430w. Is this a smart power line PSU?

If it is $20 is great, but don't be confused with the truepower model which is much more expensive and much better.

turbolink? Thats antec? I don't think so.

I think I have one of those (never used, sitting in closet). VERY FEW MOLEX PLUGS, so beware, you will need a few splitters if you have a raid setup or multiple drives in your system.

buyxg is amazing! I bought a cathode and a case and the cathode was broken when it came so i called them and they overnighted one that night. I dont know how you could complain.

Turbolinks are not Antecs, they're made by Channel Well Technologies. These are usually the PSU's you get bundled in with a decent case. They're not stellar, and not Antecs.

I do have 2 turbolinks in service here though...one 300w and one 420w. They do their job.

It's not a bad deal for a cheap 420w psu though.

I was jazzed when I saw this post, but
some research smashed my dreams.

Check out
this thread

and

This thread

CWT=Channel Well Tech...
I hear Turbolink sucks, and that 420CWTatx in turbolink is lower quality that 420CWTatx sold by channel well (OXIDE.com). Also heard that CWT does make the Antecs, but they are made for antec special, and antec underrates their PSU compared to someone like turbolink
This will not be the same as an antec 420 (if there were a thing) imho

EDIT: Anyone who has this turbolink CWT420atx, how heavy is it in lbs, or compared to an antec

Last edited:
wandl said:
soo...is this a decent deal or not?

No, crappy 400+w PSUs can be had for $20 quite often. It would be wise to double your budget and get a sparkle 350w for $40 if you plan on doing serious overclocking. If you are just running a rig w/ out overclocking and vovervolting then a crappy PSU is probably fine tho.

Back