• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 9500NP.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

katka

I got it today. I tried the softmod and it worked. I get minor artfacting (little dots all over the place), but it doesn't really bother me (it does bother my friend though). Anyway I have a few questions:

1) Is there a program I can get that will let my apply and unapply the softmod without having to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them.

2) What is the name of the program that adds an overclocking tab to the ATI control panal?

3) I keep hearing that it's good to reinstall Windows after installing a new video card, is this true (I didn't by the way)?

5) Does it hurt the card to have all pipelines on if I'm getting artfacts?

4) Why oh why didn't they put DX9 on the installation CD? Now I have to download it on a modem that never conects faster then 34Kbps.

Oh and the best card I had ever used before this was a GeForce2 MX, so after testing the 9500NP I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.

Ok I have an answer to 2 and 3. I do have one more question though. I heard that turning off HyperZ (or what ever it's called) can help get rid of artfacting sometimes. Is this true?

Back