• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

t-bred temps on ep-8k3a+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SYNAPSE00

Registered
I have an epox 8k3a+, a t-bred 1700+ at 1,75 volts runnig at about 2,0Ghz. its watercooled but i was just wondering are the tempratures okay. bios and mbm5 both show 42 C idle. But where are those temps measured from? socket or prosessor diode? does bios version make a difference? i read that the 8k3a+ isn't showing tempratures right, but didn't quite understand in which way they are wrong. please help me!

i hope your right about the incorrect readings and am hoping they are reading high. Just got my 8k3a+ and XP2500+ Barton up and running and with a thermalright SLK-900u and a Panaflo 46.9CFM fan am reading temps at 44-47 C idle and 50 C at load, all at default settings. I was hoping for much lower temps.

for watercooling thats kinda high, my tbred is at 2.36 with an slk-800a, and a tornado on low (2900 cfm) im getting around 39 idle, and 42-43 load. id say reseat the waterblock or something...or update the bios to make sure its not reading wrong.

Did you take the 10 degrees away from the bios temps, i mean is your bios showing 49 idle or really 39? What bios do you by the way have? i have the one dated 03/26/2002.

There is a Beta bios dated 4/14/03 ( bios 3414) that fixes the tamp problem on some of the boards.

Before I was running bios 2815 and my temps were 64 idle and 69 load. Now with the new Bios my temps are 50 idle and 53 load. I have an SK-6 HS but a crappy fan

OnDborder is absolutely correct. I had that same problem. Just update the BIOS to the newest version that fixed the problem for me.

RangerJoe said:

i cant flash to the newest version....my overclocks suck if i do

If you can't go to the newest BIOS then just take your temps and take away 10-12 celcius and thats what it really is.

Back