• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS/2 ~ USB Keyboard "mod"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maiof

hi all... i was wondering if it's possible to change my keyboard to usb from ps/2? i have a usb end and wanted to put it on my keyboard so i can also use it on my playstation2.......

is this "mod" possible???

thanks,

Some keyboards in the early days of usb had usb to serial (ps/2) adapters. You may still be able to find one, but the keyboard may not work. Most office stores sell basic ps/2 keyboards for as low as $10.

well.... what i meant to ask is if i can cut the ps/2 connector off the keyboard and replace it with a usb one?

my mouse came with one of the adapters, im sure you can get it for cheap at like any computer store.

Uh, maiof, you said you wanted to use it in your Playstation2, correct?

PS/2 refers not to "Playstation 2" but to a port first used on IBM's "Personal System 2" computers. These plugs are circular mini-DIN connectors similar to S-Video plugs.

The Playstation 2 has two USB ports on the front, in the lower left, underneath the disc tray. So you can use your USB mouse and/or keyboard without any modification at all! As long as the game is programmed to use USB devices, that is.

lol, i was wondering where he was going to plug it in, but i don't have a ps2 to check:D

Graphic67 said:

He wants to convert a PC ps/2 (personal system 2) keyboard to usb for use on a ps/2 (Playstation2).

THATS WHAT I THINK TO, DON'T LET IT CONFUSE YOU GUYS.

Back