• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 pro & Gaming issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlush

Hey

Im running the 9700pro (system in sig) with dual monitor. Everything is excellent except for certain games like Unreal and Warcraft III. My problem comes after I load the games, and set the resolution to 1600 x 1200 (19in monitor) (my desktop resolution is 1280x1024)

When I set the new resolution... the game screen/menu only fills part of the screen like only the top left corner of teh screen, like a bunch is missing from the bottom right corner.

That forces me to quit cause I can't find any of the buttons in the game (game menu)

Also, i think it has something to do with, when I set a really high resolution in Windows, the whole thing (desktop) doesnt appear, I have to like scroll around the edges.... (this is on my main monitor, the secondary just sits there with the same resolution always)

If anyone can link me to a troubleshooting guide for dual monitors and these kinds of problems,,,or maybe help me out right here I would appreciate it so much.

Thanks

Have you installed ATI's latest driver? Tried installing the latest patch for your games? Do you have descent airflow threw the case?

I got the same problems with my Geforce 4 Ti 4600 when playing Counter Strike, now with my radeon 9800 PRO, everything runs as smooth as silk.

**oh, i always try to stay up on all the games' patches, it helps alot**

Back