• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Testing Full Load Temp.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dracknem

How does one go about testing their full load temp. on their CPU? The only way I know to check the temp. is in the bios and I was wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of a PC health monitoring program.

I am running an Athlon T-bred 1800+ on a MSI KT-3 Ultra mobo and I want to know how I should check it's full load temp. Thanks.

The best program for this is:

Motherboard Monitor 5... http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

It takes a few minutes to configure all the gauges the way you want them, but you can have a small 'dashboard' of key gauges or have the program show temps and voltages in the taskbar.

Motherboard Monitor is the most common Windows program for monitoring temps.
lm-sensors and gkrellm may be the most common linux tools (lm-sensors is commandline and gkrellm is a gui monitor.)
(gkrellm works in windows too- but you need mbm to use it....)

I won't say they are the best, but they are pretty common. I use them.

MBM is easy to set up and monitors plenty of parameters; lm-sensors can be a pain to set up but monitors all the same stuff and for gui use, gkrellm is excellent! Monitors all the same stuff plus a lot more.

NOTE: no matter what programs you use to monitor your system, it is only as good as the info the sensors give it. Mobo sensor readings should always be taken with a grain of salt :)

Back