• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hyper terminal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

four4875

some of ya might know my problem from my config my cisco router thread... but if not...

im trying to send commands in hyper terminal. i cannot get it to do anything. no text goes into the window when i type, hitting enter does nothing. anyone know whats up? if i have the connection gong (supposedly) when i turn on the router, still nothing. anyone know WTF is up? thanks.

Make sure you have the correct cable, and the correct port settings. Some devices are ultra-sensitive to port speeds and settings.

It may only work with many settings all set exactly right. Otherwise, you will not see a thing and your typing will just echo back to you with no response from the router.

-ben

Hello Four4875-
I'm not sure what OS your using but when I tried to program an LCD using Hyperterminal in Win 98SE I had the exact same problem your experiencing. The fix for me was to go here and download the FREE updated Hyperterminal from the company the wrote it and licensed it to MS. No problemo with the updated version.
Good Luck
elec.tron

I believe that I had to set the port to 9600,N,8,1 With Hardware flow control to access the last cisco.... Play with the hardware, software and rcs flow control until you get it right...
Otherwise you will NOT see anything on the term...

You have the rj45 going to the Console port and the serial to com1 on your computer right...
Make sure that you tell hyperterm to use com1 NOT tcp/ip...

Back