• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what can i expect with pc2700?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OLMI

all my system info is in my sig. what can i expect to get out of this Corsair 2700C2PT memory? should i only go to 13x166? it's a pretty simple question :D

Surely you can go a bit further. Just use Memtest86 to check if your memory can keep up.

I would guess you may reach at least 175-185MHz range

;)

If you set your ram to the default "by SPD" then you can do whatever you like to your fsb and multiplier. The memory will run at ddr333 speed all the time.

i had a stick of the xms2700 i could get it in the 180 range all day. Soon as i went above that it started to run unstable, unless i ran more relaxed timings

well ive got 2 512 sticks of crucial 2700 not considered to be great OCing stuff and itll do 205 fsb stable at stock timings, btw the guy who said if u run ur timings by spd ur memory will operate at 333 was wrong, i bench tested mine at 333 then at 410 and it made a huge difference

ok.. i just upped the vcore to 1.8 and it's doin pretty well... i ran prime95 for a while and nothin bad happened.. i'll run it overnight and tell what happens. :) thanks

At 1.8V you should be able to reach 2.3Ghz with your processor... Put your memory at 2.65V and try 184 x 12.5, then test with Memtest86 for couple rounds than AFTER go to Windows and run Prime95.

i tried what you said and it wouldnt even boot into windows. i forgot about the memtest.. but i know it didnt even get into windows heh. 200x11 seemed to work fine for a bit but i finally got the sumout error thingy in prime95 so i upped the vcore to 1.825 i think.. it runs my memory at 333 with the setting "By SPD" what do you think i should do?

Back