• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my barton voltage dangerous?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bulk88

I have a barton 2500+ aquca. Overclocked it to 13x175=2270. I am using a volcano 9 coolmod at full fan speed and AS3. My voltage is 1.925v. If I lower it my system becomes extreamly unstable (bsod/instant reboot/freeze within 2-7 minutes). The temperature is 52C/125F at load according to the 8RDA cpu thermometer. My older AQXEA went at 12.5x174 at 46c and 1.750 volts. Is it okay to run my current AQUCA processor at 1.925v or do I run a real risk of burning it out?

erm those temperatures are a little high but as long as you don't heat up the core too much you should be OK. The extra voltage may destroy the chip in a shorter amount of time but it's probably like 4 years instead of 10.

it might seem a bit high. and at high voltage, the cooler you run it the better. an overvolted something lasts longer and more healthy at 35° vs.45° ;)

Back