• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AHhhhhhhhhhhh

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ashenfang

The Jet Man!
Sigh....Okay, here is my delima

I currently have a 5200Fx ultra 128. It performs decent but not as well as my ti4200. So i am going to sell my 5200 and get something else but im not sure what.

I have been using nvida for a long time, but i have no problem changing as long as i get my money's worth. I play mostly FPS games, BF1942, QIII, RTCW, Unreal II, ect.

I won't something that is going to perform very well, but also last me into next generation gaming. I want to be able to run at 1024x768 with max settings, but have good image quality too. Here is what i have come up with.

9700pro - i can't really afford this, it would be nice though :mad:

9700np - more feasible, but not sure of the diff between the two.

Any other suggestion appreciated. My budget is approx. $250.00 USD.

Thanks!

If you can afford the 9700np, go for it! The only difference between the non-pro and the pro are the clock speeds, and lower speed ram (since it has lower clock speeds), but can still easily get up to 9700 Pro speeds usually

Back