• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP riser faceup over slots? HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ws6fire

Registered
I was given an old reel-to-reel player and I'm makeing a computer case out of it but I need to lay my vid-card on its side. I have found risers that lay it down over the cpu face up and risers that lay it down over the slots face down. I'm looking for on that lays it down over the slots but face up!

I did a little bit of searching to find somthing that would "flip" the card over then use a regular riser on that but I couldn't find anything like that ether.

Thanks, I did see those but with the plug being on the"wrong" side I don't care about that... I'll be having a plug pop out a different side anyway.

ws6fire said:
Thanks, I did see those but with the plug being on the"wrong" side I don't care about that... I'll be having a plug pop out a different side anyway.

That's why you won't be able to find them. The flexible risers that are avilable are too short to be inverted.

Captain Slug has been proved wrong.;)

You can probably find what you're looking for here. I'm pretty sure that a few of those did what you're looking for, if I fully understand what you said.

Good luck.

-CPFitz-

CPFitz14 said:
Captain Slug has been proved wrong.;)

You can probably find what you're looking for here. I'm pretty sure that a few of those did what you're looking for, if I fully understand what you said.

He wants it to lay backwards over the PCI slots. So
1. it would have to be a 90 degree angle riser
2. it would have to be pinout reversed so the I/O connection is toward the opposite side of the motherboard (towards the front of the case)

no such part is available matching both of those criteria.

Last edited:
POO!!!:temper:
Code:
Kinda flat computer. one side you see the cpu and the nb junk, the other side you see the kickin gpu...
 or atleast the BACKSIDE of the card....
Well, I'm not going to give up. I'll see if I figure somthing out or maybe I'll just have to get a zaliman(sp?) heat pipe for the gpu, one of the two fans will be over the "backside" of the card and if it blows on the backside of the heatpipe it'll still be cool... and cool as in not hot.

I just did a little checking and it actually fit's laying towards the cpu! well mostly. I'm about 3-6mm off. but if I use the riser with the short ribbon cable it should make up the diff.
WOOHOO! ok.. now to find one on ebay for $2 shipping included...

Back