• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project 721??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

epauls

I got this WU on a machine but there is no record of it. Stanford does have it posted with point value.

It's taking a amd 2400+ 20 min a frame. Heck that computer hasn't taken longer then 11min on anyother Gromac to date.

I hope it is a big big pointer.

edit: Forgot EMIII shows the point value. It's worth 89!!

The 720's were 15 point tinkers so I'm guessing the 721's are the same even though my frame times were alot lower on the one I did.

Well, it is a gromac and the hardest one I've seen yet
It takes 22min a frame on a 2400+. Accourding to EMIII it is worth 89 points.

Hmmm.....

22min/frame.... 100 frames = 2,200 minutes per WU.

2,200/60min = 36.67 hours per WU

X = (89points/36.67hours)*24 hours

= 58.27 points per day.

Sounds like the protein is a tough one. I've been getting 53-60ppd per xp2100 on the farm for the last week and it seems an xp2400 should be a tick faster.

Wedo

Ya it's a big pointer but I think do to the length it takes to complete it's not gonna be worthwhile.

I was scanning the points page 2 days ago, It is a 33 pointer.

cp

I also saw it at the summary page as a 33 pointer. I think it must be wrong and they will correct it. If it is correct then my XP2100 will only make 100 poinst per week with it.

Yes, and it isnt evan listed on the points page. Maybe a short time test?

cp

It was initially released as a 39 pointer Gromac. It was withdrawn following complaints that the points calculation were out of whack. It appears a new guy at Stanford put it up. I imagine when they figure it out correctly it will be relisted. Fairly big though with over 47,000 atoms in the protein.

Mine is already finished. I will try to not upload it until it is worth more points.

Back