• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bottle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Large_Duggan

Registered
OK im currently running my athlon Xp 1600 @ 1.6 ....if I bought a 9800 Pro AIW..would my proc bottle its performance? Im thinking about buying a 2800+ incase it does.

The 9700/9800 pros are such powerful GPU's that you will be VERY happy with the results even with your 1600+ at 1850+ speed.

If you must upgrade, consider the 2500+ barton and overclock it to over 3000+.

ok in this overclock I have now my memory is running below the stock speed.. its running @ 150 something I think is that normal in overlocking? or should i change something.

With PC2700 and your overclock, you should either be running your memory at its default speed of 166 or at an exact match for your fsb possibly with slightly more aggressive timings. There should be no reason to run it slower.

Last edited:
If your Motherboard allows it I would set the CPU multiplier at 10.5 and up the CPU FSB to 166. The real bottleneck on Athlon XP's is memory bandwidth. That's why AMD upped FSB's on later chips and it's also why the Pentium 4 is the performance king right now.

Cheers,
r2r

Back