• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Email Scam - Ebay account

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

badvector

Hey all, just wanted to give everyone a heads up on an email I received last night. The email indicates that E-bay was unable to verify some information in my account and unless I updated it, my bidding and selling would be restricted. It provided the following link for me to click. linky here
The real link was shown as some fake e-bay address.

I did some looking around and of course the e-mail I got had a spoofed DNS. The original IP shown was out of the Netherlands. I then took a look at the html of the webpage and found that the results were being mailed to [email protected]. I have informed E-bay, freewebs and the registrant of mail15.com.

I immediatly called my parents and brother (yes they're that gullable) to tell them if they got it, don't enter their information.

My favorite part of the form is where E-bay needs my 4 digit pin for my atm card. :rolleyes:

Just a heads up if you want to inform your families. The web page actually is pretty convincing if you don't know what to look for.

you can also look at the address its not https and the lock is not down on the bottom right. At least I've taught my dad that much:D

Were talking about a man that had a rotary phone till last year!

Back