• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sorry guys, joining another project.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well you can still run FAH, because this doesn't seem to use much of your CPU cycles. I have the browser window open and FAH is still getting 99ish percent of the CPU.

Well, it's a weird one that's for sure. The thing is: can monkeys press individual keys or do they press bunches of keys?

This is pretty dang funny... I may keep this up for a few days to see what happens. Just you wait, I'll be the one that gets, "What fools these mortals be." How appropriate.

kinda entertaining, i must say, and since its only using up 1-2% of my cpu... i do'nt care... i'll let it go for a bit

edit:

wow, triple post from me... stupid lag... oh well, i deleted my other posts

by the way, i have 9 monkeys going for me... 3 of them got to 4 letters already :)

and for the night, i'm gonna keep like 30 monkeys... bwahaha

Last edited:
The experiment claims to simulate monkeys typing on keyboards. That is false. It simulates only random character generation. To generate random characters you must have a very highly designed system. To recognise Shakespeare you must have another highly designed system sorting the good answers out (because the random character generator doesn't know).

Obviously this is a little different from unspecified forces in nature resulting in design. Here you start with design to achieve your result, but in so called macro evolution you don't start with design you only end with it.

So what would happen if you really put monkeys in front of keyboards?

A whole bunch of broken keyboards, that's what.

:D

//ends serious answer to what is obvious a tongue in cheek thread :p

(Mr.Burns walks into a room full of Monkeys typing and chain smoking...)
Mr. Burns: Let's see what the Monkeys have typed so far...
"It was the best of times, it was the BLURST of times?!"
(Takes what monkey has typed and whacks him over the head with it)
"You stupid monkey! What do I pay you for!?"

Family Guy -
Monkeys in a room typing on Mac's. "A what by any other name. . .",
- "Carnation? Pienee? Rose? Huh. . . Rose, Rose, yeah, Rose. . . A rose by any other name. . ."[soft mumbling in agreement]
- "Tulip?"[silent]
- "Rose moving on"

This is mildly amusing, and doesn't hurt the CPU so, why not.

they did actually put monkeys in a room w/ computers some 6 months ago

the monkeys just ****ed all over the computer and bashed the moniter in from what I remember

my best was 5 so far with about 15 monkeys... might let this run overnight... make enough monkeys to take up about 90% of CPU

Don't know what worst.. The fact that someone has coded this applet and put up a page for it, or that a lot of people will have it running just for the fun of it.. (me included :eek: )

*shuts it down, folding needs all CPU cycles* :D

Back