• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS7 vs. IC7 vs. IC7-G

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seoultrain

Does the IC7(-G) overclock better than the IS7? and is the IC7 the same as the IC7-G, just without a few features? basically, what is the difference in these boards in regards to overclocking ability?

The IC7 and IC7-G should overclock about the same because they use the same northbridge, the 875. The IS7 uses the 865 northbridge, which is supposidly a lower proforming chip. No one can really say which is better though, there have been mixed results.... Myself i went for the IC7-G because of dual sata raid and onboad gigabyte lan.

The rumor was that the mobos are all binned (like CPUs). The fastest mobos become canterwoods while the slower become the springdales. That's just the word since the 875s first began to be reviewed, so don't quote me (although it does make sense).

So if you believe this, the IC7's should be theoretically faster.

The difference b/w the IC7 and IC7-G is the features, and over $100. All depends if you'll use them.

When Abit first unlocked GAT on the IS7, it outperformed the IC7 at stock speed. I tried not to pay too much attention since I have an IC7, but the word was that while the IS7 performs better at stock speed (because of the 1.3 or 1.4 bios) the IC7 still would OC better.

Back