• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G Sync Compatible vs G Sync Module

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

korser

Registered
Hello,

I've read so much conflicting information on G Sync compatible vs G Sync or G Sync Ultimate. Half of users insist there is no difference, the other half swear there is. I understand that experiences can be different from monitor to monitor whether it is G Sync compatible or with a module because of QC, extra features, etc. I guess a comparison could be done with Acer Predator XB273K PBMIPHZX vs Gpbmiipprzx(I believe they are identical but the former has an actual module).

Does anyone have deeper insight they could share?

Appreciate your time reading, thank you :)

G-sync native requires variable refresh rate working through the whole range, practically down to 0fps. I think Ultimate is some standard including HDR. Both require a certain image quality of the display also.

G-sync compatible only requires 2.4x ratio between max and min variable range. e.g. my 120 Hz G-sync compatible TV must work with variable refresh at least in the range 50 - 120 fps. There are also requirements for image quality. I don't know if they are same or lesser than native G-sync.

Back