• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Next monitor? (34" min, g-sync, 2K-4K, ultrawide, $1500 max)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice, the 9900k will take the cake. However do you have an additional board? I'm not aware of the z270 supporting it, at least not without heavy BIOS modification.

Yep...have a board for that chip here, used it when I killed my 8700k

Monitor arrived last week, set it up and played around a bit. Very nice so far. Not going to put any time in to further setup, tweaking, etc as I'll do a clean build for the 9900k (it arrived today so will do testing and setup bare then swap when ready). Definitely psyched :)

Thanks for the thoughts, opinions and feedback!
crg9-01.jpg crg9-02.jpg crg9-03.jpg crg9-04.jpg crg9-05.jpg crg9-06.jpg

When it doesn't scale, very few titles will run 4k/60 ultra.
Incorrect. I've tried 4k on six different AAA games so far and I can hold 60 FPS all day on all of them. On games with DLSS I can do 90 FPS. But I have my 2080Ti overclocked quite a bit as well. It adds about a 12% FPS boost over stock settings.

Incorrect. I've tried 4k on six different AAA games so far and I can hold 60 FPS all day on all of them. On games with DLSS I can do 90 FPS. But I have my 2080Ti overclocked quite a bit as well. It adds about a 12% FPS boost over stock settings.
Cool. But you've got a 2080ti...I was responding to someone (the OP - back in March) in reference to his 1080ti's in SLI when they don't scale.

That said maybe 'very few' was a bit dramatic, but a 1080ti isn't known for being 4k/60/ultra.
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt/

EDIT: And two days ago, I even told you a 2080Ti is a 4k/60 card...I think you missed the runway here. :thup:

Last edited:
lol, yes! I dont have any 3rd party apps or need to edit hex anything to get my games to work! :)
Nice, The hoops I have had to jump thru to play games is quite long. How about this last one...Needed to replace my 2 core Cpu to a 4 core to play Farcy 4....LOL (Or it might have been 5)

Going to spend another day when I get a chance to get Tiger Woods '07 to work in Win 10. That has been on my wish list for a while...Have failed at it 2 or 3 times now and given up.

Last edited:
Nice, The hoops I have had to jump thru to play games is quite long. How about this last one...Needed to replace my 2 core Cpu to a 4 core to play Farcy 4....LOL (Or it might have been 5)

Going to spend another day when I get a chance to get Tiger Woods '07 to work in Win 10. That has been on my wish list for a while...Have failed at it 2 or 3 times now and given up.
Oh man giving me nostalgic feels for the tiger woods games of that era!

On topic, one of my buddies bought I believe this same monitor a month or so ago and ended up returning it as there's a known issue where part of the panel flickers.

I just bought EA's 2k21... :)

Back