• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A few observations about OCAU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xsquared_uk

Just a few things that struck me about OCAU when I was perusing the stats before, thought they might interest some of you!

Firstly, as most people know the reason they're outproducing everyone is that they have 2 really big hitters who produce around 20,000 points each PER DAY.

Those two users are responsible for over 37 percent of the TOTAL points this week. Think about all the people folding and then think about what that means... If either one of them joined our team (if only...!) then they'd go from zero to number one within 2 - 3 weeks flat.

On the other hand, I think overall our team is stronger than theirs (no offence intended by the way, just an observation). You only need 18,000 to make top 100 there, but it's over 20k in this team which says that our higher ranks work harder overall than theirs. They might be ahead of us, and rightly proud of that, but we can take pride in the fact that we've got a strong userbase.

Just some stuff I noticed, like I said I hope it interests someone!

If either of their two top guys left, they wouldn't be able to hold their position. That sounds like too many eggs in a basket.

At that rate those heavy hitters will be over a million in no time if not already there.

I'll be lucky to get top 100 by December 03.

Last edited:
Sterculus said:
If those two guys went away, then they would be about the same as us for production.

Which means if one or both of them swapped teams to 32.. :D

I would not say that we are stronger, just more evenly spreadout. If we lost one or two people it would not mean the end of our position. We have a good team overall. I'm glad to be here

Ok, If I hit the powerball I promise that I will "invest" in 800 3.06's, that would set me back about $5.6million, plus god only knows how much in electricity,but gotta make sacrifices ya know. That would get me about 50000 points a day, that should do it. :)

I'll let you know when I win.

cp

cp said:
Ok, If I hit the powerball I promise that I will "invest" in 800 3.06's, that would set me back about $5.6million, plus god only knows how much in electricity,but gotta make sacrifices ya know. That would get me about 50000 points a day, that should do it. :)

I'll let you know when I win.

cp
Actually it would be more like 75K PPD or 525,000 PPW! Can you say P\/\/n3d?

Very interesting xsquared_uk. Thanks for taking the time and looking that up.

It will be interesing to see if our pace picks up in a month when school starts. I've read many posts about students planning on a lot of borging. I hope they are successful (and don't get busted!)

nikhsub1 said:

LOL

Sorry, did a real quick addition there.:)

Can you imagine maintaining all those?

cp

nikhsub1 said:

Ok, let's all go on the forum and recruitd 800 P4 3.06's* then :)

Think about it, if we got just a tenth of that folding......

*and overclocked :D

Edit: hehe Maxvla and nik, you are going to have to post faster than that ;)

i know some people are waiting for constant connections when they get back to college. like OSUmaxx has only dialup at home which is why he has had low production this summer, but once he's back on constant connection it'll pick up cause he'll be able to add more rigs without dialup hassle.

i'm sure there are many more people like that.

plext said:
Aussies just tend to be competitive by nature :)

I saw DG way out there on his own and thought "can't have that, this guy needs to be pushed"

Keep the wu's flying guys :D
Hmm, that sounds kinda like Nik and Wedo.

belorsch said:
Hmm, that sounds kinda like Nik and Wedo.

Um..

Plext: 22,550 points today for OCAU.

That's Nik + Plext + A little more. :D

It's a fantastic achievement that some of these guys have hundreds of computers folding. Just like to say Well done Plext :)

Last edited:
Yes we must tip our hats to the borge kings at OCAU. They are doing great things for the cause. Still I'm proud to be a member of team 32 and hope to see us in 2nd place sometime soon. Plext you and your mates keep up the good work.

Back