• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Digital Sound worth $25?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

I have some speakers that can use digital sound, is it worth 20 bucks to get a digital cable or optical cable instead of using the analog ones?

You can use a standard 1/8" stereo plug to [whatever the speaker input is] adapter for the coaxial cable, nothing special's required other than having the right connection.

Well, those are pretty good speakers, and you have a nice sound card, so I assume that it depends on wether you think you'd hear a difference. If you consider yourself to be a bit of an audiophile, then splurge and see what that $25 gets you. However, I doubt there would be a noticible diference, though it really depends on your ears.

JigPu

there will be a noticeable difference. whether or not you think it's worth the money is up to you though.

with digital you can keep the signal very clean because it doesn't need to be converted to lower quality(analog) then re compiled into digital again.

Back