• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.3 & 1.33 TBirds - All AXIA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KyleY

Someone recently suggested all 266 FSB TBirds were AXIAs, but I don't think that was true. Someone else suggested all 1.2 GHz and higher CPUs were all multiplier unlocked.

My question is are all the 1.3 (200) and 1.33 (266) chips AXIA (or perhaps AZIA) stepping? TIA,

both seem to be the consensus, and AZIA still has not been proven, we will wait for some benchies and screenshots for it.

From my 'field observations'..(dating back over the past month) there is a strong possibility that both statements are accurate.

I have viewed perhaps a thousand 1Gig and higher speed coded T-birds in this time. I hve found no evidence to the contrary. I have not seen this rumored 'AZIA' stepping code either. Nor have I seen a photograph.

T

Thanks for the info guys. It will help in making my decision. It would be easy if all 1.3s were AXIA - you can get 1.3 GHz chips here for only $199 (lower than anything on PriceWatch even):
I took the chance and ordered one of them, but I'll order my other chip somewhere else. Later,

KyleY (Apr 20, 2001 07:19 a.m.):
Thanks for the info guys. It will help in making my decision. It would be easy if all 1.3s were AXIA - you can get 1.3 GHz chips here for only $199 (lower than anything on PriceWatch even):
I took the chance and ordered one of them, but I'll order my other chip somewhere else. Later,

I just checked that link. You did know that the chips at the price you quoted are the 1.3/200 version...right?

Holy cow...those were on the main page...I just checked inside and the 1.33/266's are 299.95!!!

I just checked that link. You did know that the chips at the price you quoted are the 1.3/200 version...right?

Holy cow...those were on the main page...I just checked inside and the 1.33/266's are 299.95!!!

Yeah, but AFAIK that doesn't matter at all - just change the bus speed and multiplier and it's the same chip! The 33 Mhz difference in default speed doesn't really matter. If it isn't unlocked when I get it, I can unlock it :)

Aside from the 1.3 there, their prices aren't very good. Later,

Back