Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Storage
Storage SSDs, HDDs, CD/DVD/Bluray
Forum Jump

Updating BIOS FOR 21690N Adaptec what am I doing or not?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 08-28-03, 04:17 AM Thread Starter   #1
leathersmt

Updating BIOS FOR 21690N Adaptec what am I doing or not?

OK. I have downloaded the files and tried to install them. I have expanded them, and tried to install from rebooting the computer amny different ways and now am coming here to try to find out what I am doing or not doing right. Please advise. here are the files in the Floppy disk:
29160N_bios_3100
DOS4GW
Flash5
INSTALL
Update
REstore
Readme

Now, I know it says to install the 29160 files to a bootable floppy? Is this just any ole floppy ??
I have tried to install just one of these files at a time to get it to boot and install the 3.10 bios update that I am trying to do from the current 2.56 bios SCSI bios drivers I currently have in now, and Adaptec is not very friendly when it comes to customer support, please help someone if you have the time.
Adaptecs Site:

LINK FOR CARD
leathersmt is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-28-03, 09:29 AM   #2
K1ll1nT1m3

Im not 100%, but the flash5 is an .exe file, right? It sounds like you have copied those to a floppy. Then boot from a Win98 floppy. After you get to the command line, insert the floppy with those update files. Then enter, flash5.exe, ( if thats the flash exe program ). It should ask for the name of the file to update with from there. Im guessing is the "29160N_bios_3100" file. Or, am I miss reading this, and you have allready tried that? Hope this helps. K1ll1nT1m3
K1ll1nT1m3 is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Storage
Storage SSDs, HDDs, CD/DVD/Bluray