• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burning ISO images on Windows XP Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nathias

Registered
I am trying to burn a bin/cue file with Nero and when I burn it...it seems to work..but when I explore the CD..it's empty. I am fully patched, this happens with two different CD Burners. I have tried other ISO/BIN burning programs....but the same thing happens. This is driving me mad.

I am tried of using WinISO to extract the ISO and then burn the files like that. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Is the CD you're trying to burn have protection on it (is it a game?)?

I've gotten that problem a lot when trying to back up games... weird thing is, I was able to read some of the discs on an older CD drive.

It's any ISO image. Doesn't matter if it's a backup of a game of mine or an ISO file I make.

Can't read these files on any CD-Rom drive. It has something to do with the burn process.

Gregory_WE said:
Is the CD you're trying to burn have protection on it (is it a game?)?

I've gotten that problem a lot when trying to back up games... weird thing is, I was able to read some of the discs on an older CD drive.

A Samsung DVD+CDRW combo drive..got it a couple months ago. It isn't the drive...my old CD burner did the same exact thing under Windows XP. I even did a fresh install of XP a couple days ago.

Crism said:
what burner do you have?

Well, now thats ODD. I have no idea. Can you record to the disks after it tries to burn it? I am guessing it locked the disk.

Just a shot in the dark. What transfer mode does device manager show for the drives? ( im wondering if its not some bad disks or a bad drive )

Have you tried the disks in another computer? Do they show any data from there?

edit: i cant spell computer, lol.

edit2: Have you updated Nero to nero551035.exe?

Nathias said:
I am trying to burn a bin/cue file with Nero and when I burn it...it seems to work..but when I explore the CD..it's empty.

What was used to create the bit/que file? You maybe lacking the other parts of the image.

EMPTY.gif

Back