• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

phew!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rpckvv

so, this morning my computer wouldnt boot. everything got power, but no beeps, no screens...

so i unseated the cpu, cleaned it off completely, applied some new AS3 , and put it back on (do i have to remind you that taking off the HSF is a pain in the arse?)...

boots up, and gives me continuous long beeps. read on another person's computer that that means the RAM is not correctly seated...so anyway, i unseat and reseat the ram, and everything is ok...still get a BSOD starting WINXP every once in a while (telling me that i should reinstall XP)...

it seems odd though...all i did was redo the processor...didnt touch the memory, but IT becomes the problem after everything is said and done...

anyone have a clue why this is?

-peter

btw...mobo is a KX7-333r

and do i have to mention that my cpu teps are ALREADY (and this is like 10 minutes after putting on the AS3) MUCH LOWER?!?!?

i'm getting 37C, and i can only recall getting lower in the middle of winter

-peter

no idea but im running a different Mobo to you so....Happens to teh best of us, i've had that happen to me a few times (not on this board) but especially my VERY UNSTABLE gigabyte GA-7VAX, that board sucked as well as frying 2 CPU's to hell, 1 of them being my best overclocker :( what a git of a board man. As to ur temps, i would guess that the old thermal greece was old and rank, i normally change mine every say 3months or so otherwise it goes all hard and doesnt conduct too well, then again i change CPU's like evry 3months so :) if the temps lower, thats a good thing right....gazz

Back