• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

using 3/8" tygon tube in 1/2" fitting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unix_foo

Registered
that is exactly what i received. i custom configured a kit from danger den and specified that i wanted 3/8" tubings and fitting.
the quad reservoir i recieved came with 1/2" fitting and so is the
eheim 1048 pump. i looked up their website and the details on the reservoir and 1048 pump lists that they can be
used with 3/8" tubing. i tried forcing it but it will not fit. can i use
anal lube? :D

Many people have sugested heating the tubing in boiling water to allow it to expand

the verg said:
Many people have sugested heating the tubing in boiling water to allow it to expand

are the threads on these barbs standard?
i know i can find the 3/8" barb for my reservoir
but i don't know where to get a 3/8" barb for my pump.

i put a cup of water in the microwave for 1 minute and i can put 3/8" tubing on my 1/2 barbs

1/2" barbs work great for 3/8" tubing, the inside of the 1/2" barbs is the same ID as the tubing causing no small points in your connections. I use that in my complete setup as well as a bunch of other people and we all get good temps.

The easiest way to get it on is get some distilled water boiling or right at boiling and set the end of the tub in it for a little while. Take it out and work it on the barbs, it takes a bit of work if it cools down so do it as fast as possible. Have fun.

wannaoc said:
1/2" barbs work great for 3/8" tubing, the inside of the 1/2" barbs is the same ID as the tubing causing no small points in your connections. I use that in my complete setup as well as a bunch of other people and we all get good temps.

The easiest way to get it on is get some distilled water boiling or right at boiling and set the end of the tub in it for a little while. Take it out and work it on the barbs, it takes a bit of work if it cools down so do it as fast as possible. Have fun.

I just did it day before yesterday. The barbs on my Black Ice Extreme are 1/2 and the hose that my gpu/pelt system uses is 3/8. All I did was boil a small pot of water and dip the end of the hose in and grease up the barbs with some dielectric grease (all I had) and worked that puppy on by twisting it around until it slipped on. Works great!

Back