• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! Ghetto HD !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xace

Just got my new hd, a seagate cheetah and the hook ups for it are crazy, I dunno how to hook it up. can someone help :D

hdd1.JPG

Face

hdd2.JPG

Underside

hdd3.JPG

Bottom

hdd4.JPG

umm did you order this new or like an ebay thing?

first. its SCSI (obviously)
second. those jumpers Im pretty sure are for setting the SCSI ID for the drive. that slot connector makes me think this drive was intended for like a hot swap bay or something. but thats all I know

The drive is an SCA(80) pin drive intended for hot swap bays. It can be made to work though. The jumpers can be left alone. The ones that will set the ID will be on the SCA or 80 to 68 pin adapter you'll have to buy. You also need a cable and terminator, preferrably U160, and a SCSI controller(one of the better deals is the LSIU160 for around 40-50). Once you get every thing together, hooking it up is fairly easy.

might be better to just send it back and get a different drive that doesnt need the adapters and such. or just go standard IDE

its egay btw ;) and I would look carefuly at the auction and email the guy about it.. like if he doesnt say its from a hot swap bay you can tell him to take it back for fraudelent auction. most respectable sellers will make things better.

perhaps people should look things up (specs maybe?) before they buy them :p
just a hint, not trying to bash ya.

cheers. :)

Spade said:
perhaps people should look things up (specs maybe?) before they buy them :p
just a hint, not trying to bash ya.

cheers. :)

I know the real deal, My boy XACE got wooped by an old fart (ME) playing Battlefield 1942, and Xace is now trying to build the fastest system possible to give him an edge.......

But Xace doesn't know whenever I see him buy something fast, I counter and buy something faster, If he gets this SCSI working I will have to buy another raptor and put them in raid 0. :D :p :rolleyes: :cool:

hahahahah! rock on then mate :)
i never expected forums to make me laugh !

ahh its good to be here :)
cheers

Last edited:
Back