• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fsb speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vakman

Registered
My fsb is now 176mhz, as opposed to the original 166mhz. Ive noticed this makes my memory values whacky, like 352, and 422, not proper values like 333 and 400. Im assuming from what ive recently learnt this is because they use multipliers of my fsb. So my question is, is it ok to have my fsb at a random level like 176mhz, and have strange values for the pci and agp buses?

lock the pci/agp or else you might see some stability problems, and its fine to leave the fsb at different settings,

Right... You have the dividers which kick in at 166, 200 etc. But if you are between them and don't have them in the apg and pci slots will be kind of out of whack. But yea it is ok to have it alittle out of spec. I had mine running at 148 fsb when 133 was considered in spec, so that was 15 over. You should be fine unless your mobo is sensitive.

Back