• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Settings for Duron 850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oneill

Registered
hi,
I can only put my duron 850 to 900.
If I put it higher without voltage changement, on 1000mhz or higher it's always protectionfault by windows, please restart...

Does anyone know some setting for it?
Core voltage? FSB? MULT....?

Is the processor unlocked ? (have the bridges been fixed)
Its hard to define any fixed settings for any CPU when overclocking as not all CPU's were created equal and some may clock higher than others. Its a takes good preperation, and a bit of luck to get a good overclock (although I use the trial and error technique)
If its advice you need, you may get need to let people know what mobo, hsf, and cooling you have on your system not to mention what windows version you have

my system:
Amd Duron 850mhz! Unlocked! because it was 8.5*10 before, now i changed the multiplayer to 9 and fsb to 100=900mhz
Mainboard: Abit KT7A
Memory: 192MB RAM
Cooler: coolermaster EP5-6I11 (to overclock upto +-1300mhz!)

Well, have u tried other settings like 7.5x133MHz or 8.5x129MHz?
U should also try some burn-in. Make 3D Mark 200x run in loops for some hours, or run Folding@home the night over. Make ur computer work hard for a long time, that often helps. I couldn't get it higher than 900MHz, then I did some burn-in, and now I'm at 978MHz, so it does help.

I'll try it!
I let you know something when it(doesn't) works

50° check!
I lowered the Vcore voltage from 1.80 to 1.650Volts..
No errors, very stabel, temperature is 41°C!!!!
tomorrow i'll try 1.1 giga

I lowered it once more!
Now CPU is 31°C even better than before! wonderfullll

oneill (May 12, 2001 09:03 a.m.):
he's running on 1gigaherz now!!!!!!
9.5*[email protected]

BUTTTTTTT: cpu temperature is 49° Isn't it to high?

Well my Duron 800 runs 1050 mhz @ 34 c (1.85 core voltage) loaded so I personally would be concerened at running at a temprature that high.
I would try adjusting the core voltage a little see if that helps the tempratures or at least lap the hsf.
I would also try a higher FSB set up such as ( 7.5 x 133 ) if your system can take it.
But as a answer to your Question a cpu temp of 49 c would worry me, even though I dont know at what temp you should worry, but I understand that over 50 c is not good and thats just to close for comfort
-----------------------------
Duron 800 @ 1050 with Global Win FOP-32 (140 x 7.5)
Abit KT7A-Raid Mobo
512 mb (133 mhz Crucial Stuff CAS 2)
Hard Drive Cooler
Elsa Eraser X2 Gforce with Blue Orb (modified to display as a Quadro and overclocked http://www.tweakhardware.com/guide/quadro/ )
Sound Blaster Live Value
Full Tower with 5 (120 mm) case fans with seperate PSU

I already fixed the problem!
It's 1008mhz now, I lowered the vcore voltage to 1.650V
and now the temperature is about 29-30degrees idle

Back